Translate

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Initial clean up...

A bit of pressure washing to remove dirt, leaves, spiders, and other associated items collected in who knows how long while it sat in the woods.



And then a first look at the overall condition.  The wiring, transmission (affectionately named "the Black Box" by Muscat Corporation for obvious reasons), controls and axles all seemed in decent shape.




Note keyed start, "top-of-the-line" electronic ignition option!  Not bad for 1969/70!

(OK, the tires ain't so good....)


And a big bonus, the optional propeller drive for amphibious assaults!  As Ned noted, "The playing card sized rudder will allow serious maneuverability"! ;-)




More research to follow.....


1 comment:

  1. Don't know if I can help you much with info, however I've got some data that could be useful.

    I too just did a redux of my Muscateer! Link here
    http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?64227-Muscateer-6x6-I-ve-been-doddling-and-working-on-for-years!

    That's what I've done and am doing, I've got the newer transmission and no prop setup. I'm thinking of throwing a 12V trolling motor under mine in a similar recess like the prop setup you have.

    Good luck with it it's a blast to drive for sure let me tell you that!

    ReplyDelete